This one day intensive class provides pregnant women and their partners with vital information to prepare them for childbirth and labor. This class covers various relaxation techniques as well as options for pain interventions.
This childbirth preparation intensive is all day from 9am-4pm on one Sunday.
The next one-day birth intensive dates are...
Feb 9th, Mar 9th, May 4th, Jun 8th, Jul 20th, Aug 17th
$200 per couple (plus $25 for materials on the day of)
You can register for this childbirth class by calling 818-380-3111 or signing up on the online registration page.
- Introductions, instructions
- Definition of a Partner/Coach
- Anatomy and Physiology, Terminology
- Overview of Labor and Delivery/Anticipatory Signs
- What to Pack
- Relaxation/Neuromuscular Disassociation Exercises
- How will you know you are in labor & signs of true labor
- Stages of Labor
- Breathing Techniques
- Comfort Techniques
- Interceptions and Alternatives
- Analgesics and Anesthesia
- Cesarean Birth
- Transition–the Black Hole of Labor
- How to Cope
- Pushing Techniques
- Delivery of Baby
- Delivery of Placenta/Clean–up
- Postpartum and Recovery
- The Newborn
- Life Changes