Looking for a fun and cognitive activity for you and your baby? Learn Baby Sign Language at A Mother’s Haven! Parents can give their babies a way to share their wants and needs as early as five or six months old by using basic American Sign Language (ASL) signs with them. Babies know what they want and need months before being able to tell you verbally. Using signs gives them a way to let you know what they’re interested in before they can talk.
These one-hour classes are open to parents & babies of any age who wish to learn baby sign language. Typically the babies are 6-18 months old, and we recommend that your baby is able to sit up on their own and have their hands free so that you see the results of your commitment sooner rather than later.
In this Sign Language for Babies Class you will:
- Get an overview of language development.
- Learn over 50 American Sign Language (ASL) signs.
- Learn easy ways to incorporate signing into your daily routine.
- Learn fun songs and activities to facilitate the learning of signs.
- Take home reference materials.
Research has found positive benefits of signing with babies including:
- An enriched parent-infant bond.
- Earlier development of speech.
- Larger vocabularies and increased communication skills.
- Reduced frustration for both baby & parents.
- Higher scores on intelligence tests.
- An increased interest in books.
Facilitated by our wonderful Baby Sign Language Instructor, Allison Varner.
Expecting or have a little bundle of joy?
Also, have questions or not sure which class to take or when to take them? We can help.
Submit your info below – and we’ll get in contact with you to answer all your concerns and give you more information.