Time: Tuesday Afternoons and Saturday Mornings
Upcoming Baby Sign Language Classes
Tuesdays 3:30pm – FULL – Please fill out form below to be added to the interest list.
Saturdays 10am – New session starts January 12th – Register Now!
Cost: $120 for a 6-Week Session or $25 for Drop-In
Pre–registration required. You can register for the any of these baby sign language classes by calling the store at (818) 380-3111 or through the online registration page. Classes do fill up fast. We recommend getting on our priority list if interested to ensure a space in one of our baby sign language classes, just fill out form below!Register Now!
Looking for a fun and cognitive activity for you and your baby? Learn Baby Sign Language at A Mother’s Haven!
Parents can give their babies a way to share their wants and needs as early as five or six months old by using basic American Sign Language (ASL) signs with them. Babies know what they want and need months before being able to tell you verbally. Using signs gives them a way to let you know what they’re interested in before they can talk.
These one hour classes are open to parents & babies of any age who wish to learn baby sign language. Typically the babies are 6-18 months old, and we recommend that your baby is able to sit up on their own and have their hands free, so that you see the results of your commitment sooner rather than later.
In this class you will:
- Get an overview of language development.
- Learn over 50 American Sign Language (ASL) signs.
- Learn easy ways to incorporate signing into your daily routine.
- Learn fun songs and activities to facilitate the learning of signs.
- Take home reference materials.
Research has found positive benefits of signing with babies including:
- An enriched parent-infant bond.
- Earlier development of speech.
- Larger vocabularies and increased communication skills.
- Reduced frustration for both baby & parents.
- Higher scores on intelligence tests.
- An increased interest in books.
Facilitated by our wonderful Baby Sign Language Instructor, Allison Varner.