Prepared Childbirth Intensive
Time: Sundays from 10am – 5pm
Price: $250 per Couple + $25 Material Fee
Dates: November 8th* & December 6th (Call for 2021 Dates)
* VIRTUAL CLASS HOSTED VIA ZOOM
A Mother’s Haven one day Prepared Childbirth Intensive Birthing Class provides pregnant women and their partners with vital information to prepare them for childbirth and labor. Held in a small group setting for more individualized attention, this birthing class covers various relaxation techniques as well as options for pain interventions.
In this Prepared Childbirth Intensive Class the instructor will cover:
- Class Overview & Introduction
- Anatomy & Terminology of Labor
- Physiology & Hormones of Labor
- Phases & Stages of Labor
- Possible & Positive Signs of Labor
- Birth Team Definitions, Partners & Doulas
- Comfort Positioning Techniques
- Relaxation, Breathing & Visualization Techniques
- What to Pack/Preparing Your Body for Labor
- Pushing & Delivery Phase
- Immediate Postpartum, Baby & Placenta
- Informed Consent & Decision Making
- Standard Birth Procedures In & Out of Hospital
- Pain Medication Options
- Medical Interventions & Common Complications
- Cesarean Birth
- Birth Plans, Options & Alternatives
- The Golden Hour & Your Newborn
- Postpartum Recovery
- Life Changes & Your Relationship
This all-day class is held on a Sunday once a month and there are typically three to six couples. This small group size allows the teacher to personalize the class to your needs and questions. Handouts and materials are provided.
Expecting or have a little bundle of joy?
Also, have questions or not sure which class to take or when to take them? We can help.
Submit your info below – and we’ll get in contact with you to answer all your concerns and give you more information.