A Mother’s Haven one day prepared childbirth intensive birthing class provides pregnant women and their partners with vital information to prepare them for childbirth and labor. Held in a small group setting for more individualized attention, this birthing class covers various relaxation techniques as well as options for pain interventions.
In this prenatal class the instructor will cover:
- Introduction to class.
- Definition of a Partner/Coach
- Anatomy and Physiology, Terminology
- Overview of Labor and Delivery/Anticipatory Signs
- What to Pack
- Relaxation/Neuromuscular Disassociation Exercises
- How will you know you are in labor & signs of true labor
- Stages of Labor
- Breathing Techniques
- Comfort Techniques
- Interceptions and Alternatives
- Analgesics and Anesthesia
- Cesarean Birth
- Transition–the Black Hole of Labor
- How to Cope
- Pushing Techniques
- Delivery of Baby
- Delivery of Placenta/Clean–up
- Postpartum and Recovery
- The Newborn
- Life Changes
This all day class is held on a Sunday once a month and there is typically three to six couples. This small group size allows the teacher to personalize the class to your needs and questions. Handouts and materials are provided.
Cost: $250 per couple (plus $25 material fee due the day of class)
Time: Sundays from 9:30am – 4:30pm
Upcoming Dates: December 10th, January 14th, February 18th, March 4th & April 8th
Pre–registration required. You can register for the Prepared Childbirth Intensive Class by calling the store at (818) 380-3111 or through the online registration page.Register Now!